Nearly 270 killed, over 2,600 injured in clashes in Sudan: Tedros Adhanom
the kitchen Sudan’s Health Emergency Operations Center has informed the World Health Organization (WHO) that some 270 people have been killed and more than 2,600 injured in the conflict in Sudan. This information was given by WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on Tuesday. Earlier the WHO said 185 people had been killed and about 1,800 injured in Sudan. The director-general told a briefing that ‘the situation in the Republic of Sudan is of grave concern’. Sudan’s Health Emergency Operations Center reports that 270 people have been killed and more than 2,600 injured.
He said there were reports that some medical facilities in the country were being booted or used for military purposes. He also said that there are shortages of medical personnel and supplies in Sudan’s hospitals, as well as power outages, fuel shortages for power generators, water cuts and other factors that create challenges for the health of workers and ambulances and putting more lives at risk.
The Director-General said that ‘WHO calls on all parties to comply with their obligations under international law. Health facilities and workers should never be a target, especially in a situation where there are thousands of citizens who need emergency care.
Read the Latest India News Today on The Eastern Herald.
Copyright © 2023 The Eastern Herald.